Thursday, May 24, 2007

The long weekend is finally here although I'm still tied to my computer. Been making alot of phone appointments to talk to various alums and other folks about career stuff. I'm heading down to Google shortly to meet one of my friends, a former VMware coworker who is doing Product Management out at the Googleplex. Later tonight I'm kicking off the weekend at the Boat Basin with a bunch of my clustermates. On Saturday, the Dutch J-termers are going to host a picnic during the day and then one of my clustermates is having is 30th birthday party that evening. I'm looking forward to catching up on sleep and hopefully getting some work done, too.

The recruiting machine has also begun spinning its wheels. A bunch of people (I think everyone) got a note from Credit Suisse asking if they'd like to be involved in summer recruiting activities. Also, some of the clubs had recruiting/career sessions this week (PE/VC and Management Consulting). Everyone is starting to talk about jobs (more than usual) and maybe even a little stressed. I have heard "everyone gets a job" but, does that mean everyone gets the right job? I'd like to think so, but I won't know for a while!

No comments: