Saturday, June 16, 2007

Not much to report right now other than being in the midst of finals. Our Operations exam was corrected and returned in record time and thankfully I did very well. Actually, the whole class did well, which means it will be fairly easy to get an HP but very hard to get an H :) I am enjoying the class quite a bit and I think the concepts we're learning will be directly applicable to various problems we'll face in our collective careers.

Also took my macroeconomics exam, which was a different story. I don't think I bombed it but it was a fairly challenging exam which unfortunately I didn't have enough time to prep for as solidly as I would have liked. I really enjoy that course, though, and I think I'll end up doing just fine.

In career news, the banks and the consulting firms have started their summer reception schedules, and everyone is talking about the different firms and when they're visiting. Part of me feels left out of the process since I'm targeting industries and job functions that are outside of that. However, as easy as it would be to follow the crowd, I know that it's not what will make me happy in the long term.

Finally, we just had our mid-semester party. It was done really well, at a great little lounge with an awesome outdoor deck. There were great appetizers and an open bar-and of course plenty of J-termers. I had to turn in early due to my internship but I know a bunch of my classmates continued the party until the wee hours of the morning. Just another Thursday night at b-school, I guess!

No comments: