Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Burning the candle at both ends

Today I spent most of the day working on my Kauffman Fellowship application. It's due tommorrow. Two of the three recommendations are submitted, and my essay is almost ready to go (as ready as it can get given the deadline is tommorrow). I wish I had more time to spend on it (like my business school essays which I slaved over for months) but the way this semester is going (5 classes, 2 internships), I am just trying to make it to the finish line in one piece :)

Actually tonight I saw a blog written by a guy who applied for the fellowship last year. Unfortunately, he wasn't selected, but he provides alot of good information. He also blogs about his job as a product manager at Google, which is equally interesting. Anyways, I'd recommend you start here and then poke around his blog as you like.

The companies that we'll be visiting on the Technology Business Group Silicon Valley trip was just announced, and I have to say that the organizers appear to have done a GREAT job at lining up some kickass companies. Companies include:

Facebook
Intel
Yahoo
eBay
VMware (nice)
Cisco
Storm Ventures
DFJ Frontier
Technology Crossover Ventures
Intel Capital
Innovacom

As much as I am bummed that I am now not going on the Southeast Asia trip, I think this is a great networking opportunity that can't be missed. At least for someone like me :)

No comments: