Saturday, November 04, 2006

Hello from sunny LA (I'm just visiting this week)...

This past Monday I finally received the call I had been working towards for over two years. Linda Meehan and the Columbia admissions team phoned me to let me know I had been accepted to J-term 2007!

I have to admit, I became a little veclempt after I got off the phone. I had been working towards getting admitted to b-school since 2004 and it was a crazy feeling to finally have that dream realized after so many ups and downs. I almost can't believe it myself.

Normally I am not a big blogger/mySpace/Friendster/name-your-web2.0-technology type guy, but I decided to start a blog to share my experiences over the next year and a half. The b-school blogging community was a great resource for me during the application process and I figured it would be helpful if I did the same thing for folks who are in the midst of applying or who are just starting to investigate b-school.

A little more about me...I'm 29, live in NYC with my wife and an American Hairless Terrier. I work for a large data storage/software/services company where I manage a team of consultants in the area and do some bizdev stuff, too. In my copious spare time I like to mix house music.

I'm going to b-school to develop skills in the areas of entrepreneurial management and finance, and I hope to start my own company after I'm done w/school.

Although I am thrilled to be admitted, I know the next 2 months will be insanely busy.

Gotta go now, I need to get started on the admitted students checklist!

No comments: