Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's final, I am working until the end of the year and then starting school just a few days later on January 3. Although I would have liked to leave sooner to get some R&R, financial considerations and the chance to achieve some additional career goals has kept me put.

I have made some good progress on the checklist that CBS provides to us, and I'm set up on the email system already, which is nice.

I just took a look at our first assignment for IBS (Individual, Business,and Society) which is to draft a 1-pager on an ethical dilemma we faced at work where our values were at odds with that of the company. We need to submit it before the start of classes.

I also signed up for exemption exams. I am going to take the Marketing Strat, Management, and Stat exams since I have either taken a course (Stat), or had experience in other areas. Originally I was not planning on taking any exemption exams since the school does not recommend it for those who have not had significant coursework in the area. However, I spoke to a second year who was pretty convinced that it made sense to take as many as you could. After all, even if you pass the exam, you can still opt to take the course! So I figured what the heck....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a J-term admit form Brazil. Congratulations! I read your post and I was wondering how long does it take until the ID is generated?? The majority of the tasks are linked to the number.
Best Regards

John said...

There is a link off of the admitted students checklist that is related to activating your university email account. Off of that link they should list your Columbia ID and there should be a button to click to activate your email. If you are having trouble, shoot a note to the cbs_jterm yahoogroup and someone there should be able to help. Are you coming to the reception on Dec 4?

Anonymous said...

Try to test out of as many core classes as you can and get ready to have a blast at Orientation...your peer advisors ROCK!