Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Orientation starts tommorrow night! Hard to believe that its finally here, and to be honest, it hasn't really even hit me yet. I worked right up until the end of December and work stayed very busy, so there wasn't much time to ruminate.

In any case, I am spending the next day or so trying to get my affairs in order before diving in head first. I need to finish off my essay for IBS (no jokes please) and get my computer squared away.

I use a Mac, incidentally, which according to what I have heard is not a problem, but you have to still have a way to run Windows since there is some software (Solver is one package) that only runs on Windows. I'm using some beta software from my old company, VMware, that will let me do this. It's a product called Fusion and I have linked it here in case you would like to check it out. You should be able to download it for free in the near term. In all fairness to the competition there is also some software called Parallels which serves the same purpose and that I've heard also allows you to run Windows pretty efficiently on your Intel-based Mac.

By the way, I noticed some of you have posted comments. Keep them coming, it is good to know the blog is helping people learn more about the b-school experience and CBS J-term in particular.

No comments: