Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tonight I went to see my clustermate's wife act in her one-woman-show at a theatre near my downtown apartment. It was a really good show, our cluster represented in a big way (I think there were about 15 of us there) and afterwards we hung out at a ramen noodle shop. A few of my clustermates tried to convince me to go uptown afterwards to a bar but I'm pretty tough to convince to go 100+ blocks when my bed is 4 blocks away :) Anyways, we're all getting dinner tommorrow at Dinosaur BBQ so we'll have plenty of cluster love then (possibly followed by some karaoke near campus). I love living downtown but sometimes I have to admit, it is a pain since most folks live up near campus and its not easy for me to swing back and forth (unless I want to spend an hour on the subway or $15 on a cab ride).

In other news, I got a note from the Science and Technology Ventures office at Columbia that they would like to interview me for a Fellows position. I posted about this earlier, but basically the role would be to assist the office in commercializing technologies being developed at the University (on a part-time basis). Since I would like to land in the startup/VC world after I graduate, it would be an awesome opportunity and I am really looking forward to talking with them next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.