Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ahmadinejad

Dean Hubbard just sent out an email to the CBS community regarding the inconveniences we're likely to face tommorrow with the president of Iran's visit to the Morningside Campus.

I wasn't expecting anything more than an informational note, but was pleased to see the Dean shared his opinion with our community (bolding was added by me):


The University’s decision to invite Mr. Ahmadinejad to speak on campus and to engage in a dialogue with our students and faculty has polarized our community. Some would argue that a University should be a place of intellectual freedom and open debate, but others – including me – argue that Mr. Ahmadinejad, who is responsible for the death of American soldiers, denies the Holocaust, and calls for the destruction of Israel, has proven himself incapable of engaging in a true and honest academic discussion.

While neither I nor any member of the Business School community initiated the invitation to Mr. Ahmadinejad, I thank you in advance for your patience in dealing with the disruption that his visit will cause us.


Should be an interesting day tommorrow. I'm supposed to meet a prospective student on campus and I'm a bit worried they won't be able to get in.

We shall see.

No comments: