Saturday, September 08, 2007

Relief

It was a weird day. Our dog went to the vet for his yearly exam and vaccinations. Vet said he was fine, but when he got home, he started throwing up and whatnot. My wife rushed him back to the vet -- he's OK, but it turned out he had a VERY bad reaction to one (or the other) vaccine. Fortunately we live one block away so we were able to get him right back in there, but it was very scary. Now he is on meds and is his usual peppy self (although he's itchy with hives) so I think we're out of the woods. Phew.

Next week class really kicks off in earnest. Monday I'll have the same classes I had this past Wednesday, but will also have Launching New Ventures. I am going to use the class to complete the business plan for a software company that I am advising.

In other news, the PE/VC club list received an email from one of our alums who has just started a venture capital firm. He is looking for current students to help him source deals and I threw my name into the ring. Wish me luck on that.

Next Friday we are having a big cluster outing, organized by our 2nd year cluster chairs. We're starting at a classmate's co-op (which he was so kindly to volunteer) for cocktails, then hitting an all-you-can-eat sushi place in Koreatown, followed by Karaoke. I missed the first Karaoke outing, which I heard was pretty awesome -- I'm expecting the same out of this one!

No comments: